:: [DNG] [OT] Cannot install wine32 o…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] [OT] Cannot install wine32 on ASCII.
Jaromil wrote:
-----------------
> 1. dpkg --print-architechture
> 2. dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> 3. list of enabled repositories (+ architechture)
> 4. dpkg -l | grep wine

I'm sorry to see that Ed moved on to RANT instead of providing basic
information to those of use who were patiently trying to help on a
voluntary basis. Without this information and in particular point
3. noone can help really. Also the act of helping could be made more
pleasant in this thread.
----------------

I provided that information already. I do not understand what the
"(+architecture)" mean regarding repositories as I never enabled any
arhitecture that is not supported by my hardware.

I made it very clear it was a "rant" at the very top, but I am tired
of always failing whenever I have the motivation to learn new software
and Linux stops me. I remember the same bad experience when I learnt
about Lazarus: it wouldn't install, I can say the same thing about
kdevelop, etc.

One way would be to extract all binaries from the entire dependency
chain to a single directory and run wine executables by manually
and should not break already installed libraries.

Nevermind, thinking out of the box, for a certain category of people
is frowned upon. Good old ldd will tell me what wine32 expects to be
installed and brute force running wine32 with ld-2.24.so should solve
my problem.