:: Re: [devuan-dev] Draft plan for git…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Draft plan for git.d.o spam control and migration
On Sat, Aug 04, 2018 at 10:05:43PM +1000, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> Yes, upgrading was effortless; just a matter of kicking it off, then looking
> at it happening :)
>
> Though the service still needs to be blocked during upgrade.
>
> I'm not sure if there were other reasons to move host, but apart from such,
> it makes good sense upgrading the current service where it is.

Hi All,

the whole point of having another instance was to test the upgrade on
a non-live system and avoid any unneded brakage. If the experiment
succeds, as it seems to be doing, then we coud risk an upgrade on the
live system, and still have a reasonable backup in case something goes
wrong.

I agree we should plan the upgrade on the current git.devuan.org, once
we are reasonably sure that everything has worked fine in the other
host. Please let me know if and how I can help.

My2Cents

KatolaZ