:: Re: [devuan-dev] Draft plan for git…
Author: golinux
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Draft plan for git.d.o spam control and migration
On 2018-08-06 04:54, Jaromil wrote:
> hello all,
>
> currently I am on vacation, but reading. I can confirm availability
> for the DNS switch when planned, especially on evening hours CET.
> AFAIK also Daniel and Nextime have access to the DNS console.
>
> I recommend doing this switch ASAP. We can take some downtime of the
> CI especially during August, a month when there is less activity
> needed anyway from most of us.
>
> many thanks Ralph for the updates and the good work on this extremely
> important part of our core infrastructure.
>
> hack on!

I have spent the last days de-spamming gdo. Once the ones from
Indonesia, Vietnam etc. were dispatched (several hundred of gambling,
pills, travel etc.) I saw that there was a block of hundreds of
registrations from mid-May to June being generated from domains
registered in Udmurtskaya Respublika RU. Some are not even known to
ICANN. Here are only a few of them:
cloud-dance.club
povidlych.top
click-to-link.ru
topkek.top
xepertn.tech
zalupa.club
moviemetrik.ru
petrovka.gdn
topkek.top
kofajoke.pw
not-bad-serials.ru
sxcd.gdn
cokina.co
vevla.co
xvxvx.top
moviemetrik.ru
kiskus.gdn
nihachu.work

The usernames are in the format of random letters which makes a specific
filter impossible except on the domain. There are still pages (gui
orientation - sorry) remaining in this format:
sungemedsau@???
tingpartcanho@???

There's more work to do but the user DB is now down hundreds of spammers
with maybe 400 to go. I am hoping that Ralph can set up a honeypot or
some other method to stop these bots at the door.

Note that the majority of remaining legitimate users have not had any
interaction with git projects or users since they signed in.

golinux