:: Re: [DNG] Provides: libsystemd0 (wa…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Provides: libsystemd0 (was Re: systemd and ssh-server)
On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 22:00:06 +0900, Olaf wrote in message
<87va92gnjd.fsf@???>:

> Hi,
>
> Minor correction in-lined below.
>
> Olaf Meeuwissen writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > KatolaZ writes:
> >
> >> The medium-term plan is to replace libsystemd0 with a libnosystemd
> >> which Provides: libsystemd0 and noops everything, with the
> >> possibility of shelling-out some actions, if the admin wants so.
> >> We will get there.
> >
> > +1, although I'd prefer a more original and playful name ;-)
> >
> > # Not that I have any bright ideas right now :-(
> >
> > d-systemized ... perhaps
> >
> > For the library stubs and the [dpkg.cfg hack][1] I posted just a
> > minute or so ago? Dang! Should have retitled that post :-(
> >
> > [1]:
> > https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20180726.123546.eacb6518.en.html
> >
> > Anyway, most of this is just cosmetic surgery as long as systemd
> > itself stays out of the system. And systemd-boot, nee gummiboot,
> > out of the installer as well. BTW, the cosmetic surgery angle
> > might be a nice avenue to explore for package names!
> >
> > # init-freedom-botox ... :-\
> > # Maybe just plain init-freedom?
>
> I just realized that true init-freedom should be systemd-inclusive, so
> don't put that dpkg-cfg hack in any kind of "init-freedom" package,
> please.

..I respectfully disagree, keep or put in that dpkg-cfg hack.

..the philosophical and principled true init freedom is best fixed with
an option to DL & Use Debian's installer instead of our own installer
"If You Are Sure You Know What You Are Doing."

..remember, we _could_ be wrong on trumpists and pötterware and climate
change deniers, they _could_ be the good guys after all, there's still
that insane theoretical possibility that Mankind is Wrong in Believing
the Good Common Sense in What We All See. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: