:: Re: [DNG] systemd and ssh-server
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd and ssh-server
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 12:05:54AM +0200, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Sorry, this may break the thread but I already deleted the original message.
>
> To make things short: this a minimal "libnosystemd" for sshd on ascii. It basicly does nothing at all. To be more specific, it does exactly the same that libsystemd0 does, which is nothing.
>
> Unpack where you like, compile and copy the resulting library to /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsystemd.so.0.17.0 (it might be a good idea to backup the original). "service ssh stop; service ssh start" and oh magic sshd is up and running without libsystemd0 - that is all it does. Good enough for me as a proof of concept :-)
>
> Nik

It's not that easy since already understanding how to build libsystemd
alone and what should be nooped is not a trivial task (at least for
me). Especially because they have recently abandoned autotools for
ninja.

And IMHO it's not gonna happen for ascii but for ceres first and then
percolate to beowulf. It could be backported to ascii though.

We must keep developing Devuan by looking *forward*, not *backward* ;)

HND

KatolaZ