:: Re: [DNG] systemd and ssh-server
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd and ssh-server
Am Freitag, 27. Juli 2018 schrieb KatolaZ:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 12:05:54AM +0200, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Sorry, this may break the thread but I already deleted the original message.
> >
> > To make things short: this a minimal "libnosystemd" for sshd on ascii. It basicly does nothing at all. To be more specific, it does exactly the same that libsystemd0 does, which is nothing.
> >
> > Unpack where you like, compile and copy the resulting library to /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsystemd.so.0.17.0 (it might be a good idea to backup the original). "service ssh stop; service ssh start" and oh magic sshd is up and running without libsystemd0 - that is all it does. Good enough for me as a proof of concept :-)
> >
> > Nik
>
> It's not that easy since already understanding how to build libsystemd
> alone and what should be nooped is not a trivial task (at least for
> me). Especially because they have recently abandoned autotools for
> ninja.

Well, yes, but the wole point of removing libsystemd0 would be to get rid of anything systemd, not to magle the systemd sources to do nothing (which would be a futile efford). SSHD is happy with "sd_notify", cups needs "sd_listen_fds", "sd_journal_print", "sd_journal_printv", "sd_journal_send" but is happy with dummy functions. Xorg wants only "sd_listen_fds" ... and so on. Virtualy all binaries on my system are happy with just a hand full of systemd functions.

The two exceptions are "/usr/bin/elogind-inhibit" and "/usr/bin/loginctl" which make heavy use of sd_*.

Nik