:: Re: [DNG] request: please evaluate/…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] request: please evaluate/provide elogind-or-other ASAP
On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 08:44:55AM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 09:33:43AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > Simon McVittie said:
> >
> > # Now that we have versioned Provides,
> > # one way to achieve that might be for implementations of the logind API
> > # to add Provides: logind (= v) where v is the version of systemd whose
> > # logind API is implemented (currently 219 for elogind and 236 for systemd),
> > # and for depending packages to depend on

[...]
> > # default-logind | logind (>= v) (with default-logind
> > # provided by libpam-systemd on Debian)
> >

> That would definitely be a great solution, indeed. And would avoid a
> lot of useless work to Devuan and to other distros. In particular the
> latter proposal is very interesting, since it would allow a drop-in
> replacement of systemd-logind based on letting elogind Provides:
> default-logind
>
> If there is anything we can do to support the inclusion of that
> Provides in Debian, please let us know.

Working elogind package[s], it seems.

Something fit for experimental would allow replacing dependencies in
individual packages that want logind. And once that's tested, -shim could
be sent to a nice pasture.

Meow!
--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets. Instead, contact the nearest temple