:: Re: [devuan-dev] package mirror rou…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] package mirror round-robin
On Sat, 23 Dec 2017, KatolaZ wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 01:21:01PM +0100, Evilham wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > While such an announcement on devuan-dev is not too bad; due to the
> > current stage, this may ve been more appropriately communicated on the
> > IRC channel :-D.
> > Having this sort of email (even on devuan-dev) somehow implies the thing
> > is ready or mostly ready.
> > Just as a silly note for the future, because announcements are not a
> > trivial thing and badly done can do lots of harm.
> >

> totally agree :\

I don't agree.

For me IRC is not a reliable way to communicate, but Email is.

Also many people here do not check IRC.

So I consider devuan-dev a place for testing as we are doing.

> At the moment the first priority is putting ASCII beta out. Anything
> else is several orders of magnitude less important, IMVHO.

agree. about this task: we have a server setup to which both me and
blinkdog and parazyd have access, to experiment with the creation of
d-i based ISO installed.

ciao