:: Re: [devuan-dev] package mirror rou…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] package mirror round-robin
On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 01:21:01PM +0100, Evilham wrote:

[cut]

> While such an announcement on devuan-dev is not too bad; due to the
> current stage, this may ve been more appropriately communicated on the
> IRC channel :-D.
> Having this sort of email (even on devuan-dev) somehow implies the thing
> is ready or mostly ready.
> Just as a silly note for the future, because announcements are not a
> trivial thing and badly done can do lots of harm.

totally agree :\

> The note about being able to check, add and remove mirrors is valid in
> any case, but IIRC updating DNS on this domain is not as machine
> friendly as it ought to?

There is currently no way to add/remove IPs to the round-robin from a
script. Updates still require manual intervention.

Let's have the RR thing up and running, and then we'll discuss this as
well, in due course. At the moment the first priority is putting ASCII
beta out. Anything else is several orders of magnitude less important,
IMVHO.

My2Cents

KatolaZ