:: Re: [devuan-dev] package mirror rou…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] package mirror round-robin
On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 11:42:58AM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:

[cut]

> If you only had allowed me to contact the mirrors first.... :)
>
> Some mirrors need to add a named VirtualHost for the RR to
> work. Please do not spread this further until we have all the mirrors
> set up properly...

Dear All,

I have just sent an email to all the mirrors with more detailed
instructions on how to setup their mirror to serve files as
deb.devuan.org. You find the email below.

HND

KatolaZ

======

Dear Mirror Admins,

please find below two sample configurations to use if you want
your mirror to be available through the DNS round-robin via
deb.devuan.org. These create a named virtual host for the domain
"deb.devuan.org", with the corresponding rewrite rules. Modify
the relative conf as needed (especially regarding the location of
the server root) and add it to your webserver conf.

Thanks for your continued precious support in allowing Devuan to
offer a stable, dependable, free, universal operating system.

HTH

The Dev1Devs

-+-+-+- Sample apache conf -+-+-+-
-------8<--------8<--------8<--------

<VirtualHost *:80>

        ServerName deb.devuan.org
    #### the root must be the folder containing "amprolla.txt"
            DocumentRoot /home/mirror/devuan

        RewriteEngine on

        RewriteRule /merged/pool/DEVUAN/(.*) /devuan/pool/$1
            RewriteRule /merged/pool/DEBIAN-SECURITY/(.*) http://deb.debian.org/debian-security/pool/$1
                RewriteRule /merged/pool/DEBIAN/(.*) http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/$1

</VirtualHost>
-------8<--------8<--------8<--------

-+-+-+- Sample nginx conf -+-+-+-
-------8<--------8<--------8<--------

server {
        listen 80;
            listen [::]:80;

        server_name deb.devuan.org;

### the root must be the folder containing "amprolla.txt"
        root /home/mirror/devuan;
            default_type "text/plain";

        location / {
                    autoindex on;
                    }

        location /merged {
                    autoindex on;
    rewrite /merged/pool/DEVUAN/(.*)          /devuan/pool/$1;
    rewrite /merged/pool/DEBIAN-SECURITY/(.*) http://deb.debian.org/debian-security/pool/$1;
    rewrite /merged/pool/DEBIAN/(.*)          http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/$1;
    }
}