:: Re: [DNG] eudev in experimental for…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev in experimental for ascii
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:42:04AM +0100, Jaromil wrote:

> dear DNG readers,
>
> for those who have Devuan ASCII running, we have a package of eudev in
> experimental to test and feedback is very welcome, since this is the
> candidate package to substitute udev. eudev is maintained upstream by
> talented people at Gentoo who definitely deserve our praise.
>
> Beware this package DOES NOT WORK ON Jessie.
>
> For your convenience an ASCII based qcow2 image and vagrant box is
> publicly available via the DECODE project (Devuan derivative)
> https://files.dyne.org/decode/OS/
>
> So when you are running ASCII already then all you have to do is add the
> experimental repository to your apt sources.list with this line
>
> deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/devuan experimental main
>
> then apt update and
>
> apt-get -t experimental install eudev
>
> currently, the full version of the package is 3.2.2-devuan2.7

Dear D1rs,

it looks like the package might have hiccups when multiarch is
enabled. In particular, it seems that on amd64 with multiarch enabled
and i386 active, the i386 package gets installed instead than the
amd64 one. If this happens to you, just

apt-get -t experimental install eudev:amd64

before rebooting, and please report it.

A more extensive testing of istallation in different multiarch
environments would be welcome.

HND

KatolaZ