:: Re: [DNG] eudev in experimental for…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev in experimental for ascii
On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 at 03:22:18 +0100
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 at 11:42:04 +0100
> Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

[...]

>> For your convenience an ASCII based qcow2 image and vagrant box is
>> publicly available via the DECODE project (Devuan derivative)
>> https://files.dyne.org/decode/OS/
>>
>> So when you are running ASCII already then all you have to do is add the
>> experimental repository to your apt sources.list with this line
>>
>> deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/devuan experimental main
>>
>> then apt update and
>>
>> apt-get -t experimental install eudev
>>
>> currently, the full version of the package is 3.2.2-devuan2.7
>>
>> those who were already testing our eudev package need to specify the
>> full version, since we are switching to correct semantic versioning
>> and dropping the "220" prefix inherited by bad versioning practices in
>> udev:
>>
>> apt-get -t experimental install eudev=3.2.2-devuan2.7
>>
>> According to our tests it installs and it boots!
>
> Yep, it does the same over here!

After sending the above I found out a super-cool feature: eudev solves
bug 154, "ASCII: System fails to shutdown/reboot with encrypted
filesystems": https://bugs.devuan.org//cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=145

I still get the messages:

Stopping remaining crypto disks...sda2_crypt
(busy)...sda2_crypt busy......sda2_crypt (busy)...sda2_crypt
busy......sda2_crypt

but at the end the system does manage to shutdown by itself without me having
to keep the power button pressed. I'm going to install eudev in all the
other affected machines, and even on non affected ones! :-)

Bye,

Alessandro