:: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Deb…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Debian 9, rly?
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, John Hughes wrote:

>    Come to think about it, if the problem was that their rc.local
>    was failing somewhere then they should be able to see that in the
>    output of systemctl or journalctl.

>    Assuming they're using systemd, of course.  :-)

Not really. Its not just me, systemd is not considered to be safe for
use by any security expert I know of (and I know more than I wish...)
a legendary Bitcoin core developer (luke-jr) is explicitly encouraging
the switch to Devuan, while many already use it to run full nodes
using bitcoin-knots. One day we may even release a Devuan-based distro
for this.

ciao