:: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Deb…
Author: John Hughes
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Debian 9, rly?

You said:

> Here the rumors I've heard from bitcoin core development: a CI script
> was broken for three reasons, of which the mandatory activation of
> rc.local via systemctl is just one
> https://github.com/bitcoin-core/docs/blob/master/gitian-building/gitian-building-setup-gitian-debian.md

I followed your link to "gitian-building-setup-gitian-debian.md"

Which says that you need to create the rc.local and reboot.  I see no
mention of systemctl.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

> I'm glad we also have an important take away for Devuan as Katolaz
> points out: to mark the initscripts package as important.

That'll ensure that rc.local exists and is executable, but not that it's
run -- that'll depend on the init system you're using.

If it's systemd or sysvinit it'll work, for others, maybe, maybe not.