:: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Deb…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Debian 9, rly?
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, John Hughes wrote:

> > > What regression?
> > the fact that besides creating it and making it executable, one must
> > also activate the service unit.
>
> No, you don't.  systemd runs systemd-rc-local-generator at boot time and
> after any systemd configuration change.  You don't have to activate the
> unit, that's done for you.

OK, then I'm wrong. I'm very happy of that too! thanks. The new issue
about initscripts is orthogonal to my arguments. The issue on
bitcoin-core I guess we have only because of other deprecations.

Again, that's really what this discussion list is very useful for.
No representative of Devuan should go making public statements of such
importance without grinding them here first.

ciao