:: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Deb…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] ifconfig deprecated?
Subject: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Debian 9, rly?
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, John Hughes wrote:

>    I followed your link to "gitian-building-setup-gitian-debian.md"

>    Which says that you need to create the rc.local and reboot.  I see no
>    mention of systemctl.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

nono, as I wrote: that script doesn't works anymore, if ran on a
freshly debootstrapped version of Debian 9. It seemed that rc.local
wasn't executed anymore. But there is some confusion, since both brctl
and ifconfig are legitimately deprecated. Assuming you have done
better checking, then the failure may be caused by them bailing out.

ciao