:: Re: [devuan-dev] Schedule downtime …
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Schedule downtime for galaxy and gitlab
On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 09:10:03PM +1100, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> Yes, there are 2 things here, where one is the move, which works fine as you
> describe.
>
> The other is its problem of sending out emails due "poor" setup of DNS. It
> needs to have the subdomain m.dev1galaxy.org removed (dev1galaxy.org does
> not receive emails), and it needs an SPF entry declaring that dev1galaxy.org
> is the email sender of emails for @dev1galaxy.org. (It's possible that that
> the SPF set up requires an MX declaration, but then it should be declared as
> its own MX. Otherwise rDNS checks go wrong.)
>
> There's no strong need to change the DNS management service, but I would
> like to gain access to it, or ideally Evilham, perhaps, so I can remain
> shouting from the side line :)

OK, now I understand it. We should keep the DNS thing into account
then, and plan accordingly (independently from the drdb and move
thing).

It would be definitely better if we could incorporate d1g in the
Devuan infrastructure, also in terms of DNS and email management.

Will send a downtime annoucement later today.

My2Cents

KatolaZ