:: Re: [DNG] Trouble with apt-get upgr…
Author: Fungal-net
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Trouble with apt-get upgrade over TOR
> From: arnt@???
> To: dng@???
>
> On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:45:48 -0500, lpb+devuan@???
> wrote in message
> 3b6863f4-a35a-8b41-b09a-333778dabbf5@???:
>
>> I'm having trouble doing an "apt-get upgrade" over tor+http. The
>> update works fine; my guess is the manifests have bad information.
>> Here's what a session looks like (see below). Am I doing something
>> wrong?
>> I would have posted this to the bug tracker but I'm not sure to which
>> package to assign it.
>>
>> ..try 'reportbug apt-transport-tor', if you don't have it installed,
>> you'll see:
>> "Getting status for apt-transport-tor...
>> No matching source or binary packages.
>> A package named "apt-transport-tor" does not appear to be installed; do
>> you want to search for a similar-looking filename in an installed
>> package [Y|n|q|?]?"
>>
>> ..if you have it installed, just follow reportbug's promts.
>>
>> ..search tip: 'apt-cache search apt-transport ' yields:
>> apt-transport-https - https download transport for APT
>> apt-transport-spacewalk - APT transport for communicating with
>> Spacewalk servers
>> apt-transport-tor - APT transport for anonymous package downloads via
>> Tor
>>
>> --
>> ..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from Arnt Karlsen
>> ...with a number of polar bear hunters in his ancestry...
>> Scenarios always come in sets of three:
>> best case, worst case, and just in case.

I reported the same in the forum and although I did not get an answer yet
when earlier today I was trying to figure it out I changed all rep's /merged/ to
/devuan/ and I got working releases. The /merged/ directories of the repositories
seem to not have been updated for a couple of months.
I think this works for all ascii, ceres, experimental.
Ohh.. and there was an update in one of the refracta pkgs as well :)

But it would be nice if one of the insideres would clarify this information as
there has been ambiguity on what is what for 3-4 days now.
The confusing issue is that pkgmaster or whatever is called with amprolla3
in the announcement says /merged/ while they say all onion is on pkgmaster
but only /devuan/ works.