:: Re: [DNG] Trouble with apt-get upgr…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Trouble with apt-get upgrade over TOR
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:45:48 -0500, lpb+devuan@???
wrote in message
<3b6863f4-a35a-8b41-b09a-333778dabbf5@???>:

> I'm having trouble doing an "apt-get upgrade" over tor+http. The
> update works fine; my guess is the manifests have bad information.
> Here's what a session looks like (see below). Am I doing something
> wrong?
>
> I would have posted this to the bug tracker but I'm not sure to which
> package to assign it.

..try 'reportbug apt-transport-tor', if you don't have it installed,
you'll see:
"Getting status for apt-transport-tor...
No matching source or binary packages.
A package named "apt-transport-tor" does not appear to be installed; do
you want to search for a similar-looking filename in an installed
package [Y|n|q|?]?"

..if you have it installed, just follow reportbug's promts.

..search tip: 'apt-cache search apt-transport ' yields:
apt-transport-https - https download transport for APT
apt-transport-spacewalk - APT transport for communicating with
Spacewalk servers
apt-transport-tor - APT transport for anonymous package downloads via
Tor

Scenarios always come in sets of three: