:: Re: [DNG] Trouble with apt-get upgr…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Trouble with apt-get upgrade over TOR
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 10:26:01AM -0400, Fungal-net wrote:

[cut]

> I reported the same in the forum and although I did not get an answer yet
> when earlier today I was trying to figure it out I changed all rep's /merged/ to
> /devuan/ and I got working releases. The /merged/ directories of the repositories
> seem to not have been updated for a couple of months.
> I think this works for all ascii, ceres, experimental.
> Ohh.. and there was an update in one of the refracta pkgs as well :)

That's totally wrong. You should not replace /merged with /devuan
otherwise you won't get any package at all, except those forked by
Devuan.

> But it would be nice if one of the insideres would clarify this information as
> there has been ambiguity on what is what for 3-4 days now.
> The confusing issue is that pkgmaster or whatever is called with amprolla3
> in the announcement says /merged/ while they say all onion is on pkgmaster
> but only /devuan/ works.

I don't understand what you refer to, since many users are using the
onion address and have no problems with that. The onion address works
as the normal pkgmaster.devuan.org, and changing /merged with /devuan
is not solving your problem, only eliminating it in the wrong way
(since you will miss all the packages that were not forked by Devuan,
which are an overwhelming majority).

The Devuan onion address works by redirecting requests of non-devuan
packages to a Debian onion repo. If you onion configuration is
correct, you should be able to use the repos without errors.

If you could be so kind to show what error you get, we might try to
nail the cause down.

HND

KatolaZ