:: [devuan-dev] Nominations for Devuan…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Nominations for Devuan Council (Re: Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 04/05 2017)
On 06/10/17 04:12, golinux@??? wrote:

> With nextime's absence, the LEADS would actually be four. So I suggest
> adding one more LEAD so the decisional group would actually be 5.

I disagree as he would only need to weigh in if the other 4 can't build
consensus. It's not about who does what, but about critical project
decisions, which should be consensus driven rather then will of the
majority. This is why with the expansion of the committee I believe we
also define the rules of the council.

> That being said, I would like to add Ralph Ronnquist to the list of
> candidates. His many years of experience and cautious approach to
> problem-solving would be an asset to the mix. Since he is now involved
> in setting up newtonia, he seems like a logical addition. He has
> accepted the nomination.

I second Ralphs nomination, because it gives us better geographical and
timezone diversity in the council, and he's proven himself as a key
contributor to dev1glaxy. Additionally he has been an active regular
attendee of the council meetings.

In addition I also nominate fsmithred a contributor and early adopter,
because he adds again more geographical and timezone diversity, and also
will bring a strong representation of the more typical desktop users.
fsmithred has a proven a strong contributor to user support and a
regular attendee of the Devuan meetings.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.