:: Re: [devuan-dev] Nominations for De…
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Nominations for Devuan Council (Re: Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 04/05 2017)
On 2017-10-05 16:50, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> On 06/10/17 04:12, golinux@??? wrote:
>

>> With nextime's absence, the LEADS would actually be four. So I
>> suggest
>> adding one more LEAD so the decisional group would actually be 5.
>
> I disagree as he would only need to weigh in if the other 4 can't build
> consensus. It's not about who does what, but about critical project
> decisions, which should be consensus driven rather then will of the
> majority. This is why with the expansion of the committee I believe we
> also define the rules of the council.

This is the first - that I can remember - ever hearing the word
"council" used wrt Devuan. It seems a little formal and somehow out of
place. But I suppose these custodians of Devuan's future should have
some sort of collective name. Something unique and fanciful would be
cool. Suggestions?

>> That being said, I would like to add Ralph Ronnquist to the list of
>> candidates. His many years of experience and cautious approach to
>> problem-solving would be an asset to the mix. Since he is now
>> involved
>> in setting up newtonia, he seems like a logical addition. He has
>> accepted the nomination.
>
> I second Ralphs nomination, because it gives us better geographical and
> timezone diversity in the council, and he's proven himself as a key
> contributor to dev1glaxy. Additionally he has been an active regular
> attendee of the council meetings.
>
> In addition I also nominate fsmithred a contributor and early adopter,
> because he adds again more geographical and timezone diversity, and
> also
> will bring a strong representation of the more typical desktop users.
> fsmithred has a proven a strong contributor to user support and a
> regular attendee of the Devuan meetings.

Another good choice with fsmithred. And timezone diversity is indeed
something to consider. Servers and web services have sometimes gone
off-line (often expired certs) and no one was awake in EU to fix things.
The cert issue is now less of an issue because of Evilham's monitoring
but admins should be available.round the clock if something funky pops
up.

golinux