:: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
Author: Clarke Sideroad
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
On 09/18/2017 03:02 AM, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> Is there some published procedure to install Gnome in Devuan 8/9 ?
>
> I need this to migrate desktop users from Debian & Ubuntu.

While as others have said Gnome is an intertwined mess with systemd,
there has been a continuing effort by dantrell to keep it mostly usable
without systemd in Gentoo.
https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-project-gnome-without-systemd

Following the same path might be possible in Devuan, but I see it as a
continual battle as it appears that Gnome swallows more and more of the
"good ideas" of systemd at each turn.   I really can't see much demand
for Gnome in Devuan based on the response here, but I think that is
understandable given that Gnome was the shoehorn that was used to fill
almost everybody's Linux boots with the systemd excrement.

Clarke