:: Re: [DNG] Another problem with syst…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Another problem with systemd and I will switch to devuan
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 12:43:09 +0100, KatolaZ wrote in message
<20170918114309.GI23169@???>:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 01:40:23PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > ..excellent, we're getting there. :o) Now, can we get the
> > mirror upgrade-to-Devuan as good?
> > I have a partial Debian mirror we can use as a guinea pig.
> >

> uh? What are you talking about, exactly? I am not sure I am
> following.

..I have a partial Debian mirror (amd64, i386, i386-hurd, source)
which didn't become ftp2.no.debian.org because of my bandwidth,
I used it as a lan mirror because my bandwidth too often was 0.

..my first few messages here:
https://talk.devuan.org/t/mirroring-devuan/45/7 and
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20151217.015613.57a0b639.en.html

..now, if we want to be the go-to distro Debian people come to once
they find out something half as nefarious as what brought us here,
we will need more mirrors, and one good way is come up with a good
way to convert a Debian mirror to a Devuan mirror, since we share
95 or 99% or whatever percentage it is now of the packages.

..now these conversion recipes will need to be tested, and such
testing will be quicker for me than wiping my Debian mirror and
set up a new fresh Devuan mirror, again because of my sucking
bandwidth.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: