:: Re: [DNG] Another problem with syst…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Another problem with systemd and I will switch to devuan
On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 10:25:04AM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:

[cut]

> >It is quite possible that an official safe upgrade path will be
> >provided also between Debian stretch and Devuan ASCII, as ASCII
> >becomes stable.
> >
> >HND
> >
> >KatolaZ

> I use debian stretch at work. It is thoroughly polluted by systemd so
> removing it will be extremely difficult.
>
> The upgrade from debian wheezy to devuan is easy because although systemd is
> present in wheezy you can easily remove it.
>
> In your case - do a fresh install.

mmhhhh... I have been using Devuan ascii for several months now, which
is stretch-minus-systemd+somestuff, and I am not at all alone, so I
don't think your assertion is overall valid.

There might be some minor issues and bumps in *removing* systemd from
a running stretch install, but I don't see why it should be "extremely
difficult". We will get there anyway :)

HND

KatolaZ