:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Notes for A…
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Notes for Aug 16(17) 2017
Eventually I thought "What would Krapotkin do?", and as part of my
(internal) response to that, I'll render these observations.

First and most centrally, I think the Devuan bandwagon has run into a
couple of organizational pot holes, which basically comes down to people
not relinquishing control.

It's an organizational problem and not a technical one. It doesn't
matter that you (we) are all good people with the best of intentions, if
you (we) can't relinquish control appropriately. Without that, you (we)
cannot expand the organization.

A bit of disciplined thought, self-reflection and personal role
re-definition might help.

Otherwise, I think it's important with face-to-face meetings, for the
reasons jaromil mentioned. Not only because I want to keep you up late
(or wake up early). Yet, as it is an organization of volunteers, I don't
think one can expect those meetings to move technical things forward a
lot or better than eg interactions at #devuan-dev, and all other written
means.

In any case, the technology options are well in hand.

That's my 2 öre for today.

Ralph.