:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Notes for A…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Notes for Aug 16(17) 2017
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:08:34AM +1000, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> Eventually I thought "What would Krapotkin do?", and as part of my
> (internal) response to that, I'll render these observations.

If I can add my 2 cents to the discussion, I would say that we should
first and foremost be grateful to each other for all the time that any
of us can invest into Devuan, however big or small is the amount.

There is no point into counting how much and how often: Devuan is a
voluntary effort, and all of us have other things to deal with besides
Devuan, so pointing fingers to each other is totally useless, IMHO.

The only way to let Devuan proceed more swiftly is to avoid single
points of failure, and to allow other developers to help Devuan. No
open source project has ever succeeded without becoming a shared
effort of an entire community, and Ralph is definitely right when he
says that we must relinquish control on Devuan, to a certain extent.

This is the only way to guarantee that Devuan does not sleep or slow
down, even when one or a few developers cannot donate their little
something to Devuan for a while, because their lives demand otherwise.

My2Cents

KatolaZ