:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Notes for A…
Author: Svante Signell
To: golinux, devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Notes for Aug 16(17) 2017
On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 17:52 -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2017-08-17 16:55, Svante Signell wrote:
> >
> > Hi, what about having the meetings on #devuan-dev and the pad for
> > people to write notes and action points? If that works OK, it would
> > not be a too large effort to create meeting notes.
> >
> > Maybe the pad should begin with an agenda, to follow during the
> > meeting?

> That's pretty much what we've already been doing.  I post the pad on
> Mon. or Tues. and everyone adds their notes.  Some only attend via
> the pad or irc.  But the discussion mostly happens face to face
> because it's hard to type and talk at the same time.  Decisions are
> best made 'live' where there's open discussion.

I was proposing to _only_ use the pad and IRC, i.e. _no_ audio or
video. (I don't have a webcam on most of my computers, and connecting
via google hangouts was not successful due to missing (Debian)
packages)

That would enable more people to attend, and in the same time following
an agenda the entries to the pad could be containing issues to discuss
and add action points being part of the meeting notes. Meanwhile the
discussion takes place on IRC with somebody leading the meeting.
The end result would be (eventually long) discussions on IRC, and a
short entry in the pad, containing mainly issues and actions.

> But it folks don't attend, big decisions cannot be made, hence the
> current impasse.  That could open the door to decision by fiat.

That's another story. Maybe implementing the above could help, partly
by allowing participants to be present part of the time allocated for
the meeting.