:: Re: [devuan-dev] releasebot propose…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] releasebot proposed alternative
On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 06:01:09PM +0200, Jaromil wrote:

> dears developers,
>
> is there any progress on nextime's proposed alternative to scorsh by
> evolving releasebot instead? the repository has no trace of it
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/devuan-releasebot
>
> about scorsh, I am reviewing the RFC proposed by Katolaz and will
> likely adopt the flow outlined for derivatives willing to follow this
> path, among them also the distros we are working on at dyne.
>
> on one hand its simplier to consolidate the whole infrastructure in
> one, on the other is OK to have a resilient approach as outcome of
> current lack of consensus. However I'm not sure how to interpret the
> inactivity on the releasebot repository. It looks like a lot of
> development may be happening behind the curtains, which is not exactly
> the best way to go IMHO.

Just an update on scorsh (you can follow the development on github,
though). I have gone through a small refactoring of the code, and I am
now improving the way commands are executed and starting to test a few
corner cases related to pushes with merges.

Apart from that, we should be ready to start testing the whole
pipeline alredy tomorrow (again, my work deadline was a blocker
there), using the slightly refactored version of releasebot that
parazyd has provided.

HND

KatolaZ