:: [DNG] Devuan Constitution and Socia…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: Jaromil
CC: dng, fsmithred
Subject: [DNG] Devuan Constitution and Social Contract WAS: Sexual politics and society
( some --such as missing-- quotes manually reinserted )

( https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170718.062527.b6650d9d.en.html )

( https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170716.192004.e25654db.en.html )

( https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170716.185521.017ad951.en.html )

> > > P.S. I hope no one will produce any hatred of same-sex people out of my
> > > words above. By all means, pls. no!, I only regard those facts to be
> > > truthful as deemed, by a long standing majority, previously to that
> > > medical scientists vote, and false after that vote. IOW that the behavior
> > > of those people is an aberration, is a disease. Such people need help to
> > > get normal. But I don't hate them by any means. And I oppose any
> > > discrimination against them. They are of course human beings as any other
> > > human beings. With all the rights as any other human beings.

> > 1. What does this have to do with Devuan?
>
> perhaps just one thing, that the first image this project ever
> released was a Valentine present, with attached a love declaration,
> between two men. it may be defined a platonic dev relationship, but
> definitely makes Devuan among the most gay distributions out there -
> and with a certain pride! :^D
>
> ciao

To what extent is the above statement by one of the unelected-as-yet leaders',
if not _the leader_
(
and that unelectedness is still fine, but I don't think it can remain fine
forever; Jaromil, pls. see the quotes of your own publicly written statement
(of sorts) of intents further below...
)

To what extent is the above statement of one of our leaders' if not the
leader's, explicit support of gender ideology, and to what extent is it --and
if so, to what purpose?-- an lighthearted banter which carries no other meaning
but good-natured teasing?

The question is not irrelevant, and the answer to is is not obvious. There are
lots of places where gender idiology is dominant, there are places on the
internet where any conservative views are banned...

And I sicerely hope Devuan is not going towards adopting a model of such a
transformation for itself, and attempting to pull along all the momentum of the
movement that it started into such a transformation.

People come to Devuan because of its promise of init-freedom, because they are
sick with SystemDestruction and Poetterware.

I don't think, and I believe I speak here for a huge majority of people, I
don't think they came to Devuan to be in anything like a gay club...

It's fine to get an (alegorical) liberal club in Devuan, and make a compartment
in the liberal club for gays. (I sure won't be one of the visitors there, but
it's fine.)

But then it *must* also be fine to get a conservative club, and open, say, a
Bible-study compartment in that conservative club, in this alegorical
Devuandom.

None of that, however, would be fine (not the gay compartment in the liberal
club, neither my preferred alegorical Bible-study compartment in the
conservative club, I admit) if the Devuan Leaders were to be forcing that
club's views, be it liberal or conservative, and especially not the extreme
liberal which is the gender idiology, and neither the steadfast conservative
approach like mine, I agree...

None of that, however, would be fine if the Devuan Leaders would be forcing any
of that, either liberal or conservative views, let alone gender idiology, such
as, just to make a very clear example on both, such as promoting and declaring
Devuan as being something like a gay club, or, say, recommending Bible-study to
all the newbies, God forbid!... [None of that, however, would be fine if the
Devuan Leaders were to force any of that] onto the users/testers/developers!

I don't want to be in the (alegorical) gay club. And I'm just fine you not
wanting to be in my (alegorical) Bible-study group.

But pls. do not impose gender idiology to people who only want the promised
init-freedom and freedom from poetterware. Believe in it if you want, but do
not expect and absolutely do not require me to believe in gender idiology.

As you can see, the rhetorical-to-be question turns out to have been a great
question.
> > 1. What does this have to do with Devuan?

All of this discussion has a lot to do with Devuan. If gay-supporting views are
allowed, for banter and ... pride (sic! ...), my reply page to the question
about Bible translations
(
the question:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170716.171824.9f2d2a33.en.html
the reply:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170716.185521.017ad951.en.html
)
should really not be disallowed and frowned upon either.

For mere sake of neutrality and the always-so-promptly declared, from the
liberal camp, principle of liberty of views, if not for any other reasons.

But the above thread really has to do a lot with Devuan, because these matters
need to be defined in a Social Contract (is there any draft thereof?) and in a
Constitution.

But Devuan Constitution-to-be is still in a state of draft:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/DevuanConstitution

Let us now harken back to earlier, so almost somewhat olden days of Devuan. We
will be traveling back to year 2015, just short of two years ago from this
email of mine that you're reading:

In the email below, to this same mailing list as this email I'm writing,
Jaromil wrote.