:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Constitution and S…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan Constitution and Social Contract WAS: Sexual politics and society
On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 03:11:16PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 13:51:48 +0000 Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@???> wrote:
>
> I am beginning to understand why Gentoo banned you, you just do not
> know when to stop digging ;-)

Actually, at this point I'd say it's Miroslav who's right (even though I
vehemently disagree with ideology he's pushing). Basically, we have
proponents of two, extremely and about equally vile, worldviews, and one of
these sides doesn't stop hypocritically calling everyone bigots and
demanding them to stop talking while keeping promoting their side.
It's not to say the other is any better -- they have a history of using
violent means to silence opposition, up to and including genocide; I'm just
pointing out that it's the Left that's in force on this list.

And at this time, the Left has a near-monopoly on racism, sexism, and so on,
despite their own rhetoric. The Right also has massive downsides (like,
keeping a coal plant of 30MV+ running just two days kills one human by
short-term pollution alone, not including long-term global warming), etc.
The total amount of evil on both sides is staggeringly high, and
surprisingly balanced. I'd elaborate more but such a discussion would be
the worst idea if we want to turn down the flames.

Thus, I'd propose an, at least temporary, ban on issues not related to
getting rid of systemd and other software nastiness, running a distribution,
assorted _tech_ banter. Even telling us your daughter damaged her bike by
driving onto a porcupine, while OOT, is harmless.

On the other hand, let's forbid discussing _here_ the matters of orange nazi
clowns vs the Mother of Lies, pushing leftist or rightist views of
sexuality, and so on, so on. It's hard to have sex over a TCP/IP
connection, you see -- thus it's completely irrelevant to people not in your
proximity.

And I'm saying this as someone whose country is undergoing a coup by extreme
Right that's likely to leave us worse than Turkey -- so I don't love them
the slightest bit. But let's have balance, and if polite discussion doesn't
seem to be possible, let's move such topics elsewhere.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ A dumb species has no way to open a tuna can.