:: Re: [DNG] Linus can no longer trust…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Linus can no longer trust "init"
Quoting KatolaZ (katolaz@???):

> Sorry, but I really don't see what RMS should do here. He has focussed
> his entire life on the fundamental problem of making sure that
> software remains free, as in speech, and he has always (and
> rightfully, IMHO) avoided to intervene in any technical battle we have
> seen in the free-software world in the last 30 years, with the only
> hilarious exception of the vi-vs-emacs farse, epitomised in the
> fictious character of St. IGNUcious....

Well, there _was_ the xemacs vs. GNU emacs matter.

(I teased Richard at one point over dinner by saying 'I hope you don't
mind that I'm a vi user. But he had a beautiful comeback; 'We of the
Church of Emacs do not consider use of vi a sin, but rather penance.')

--
Cheers,                                     The Viking's Reminder:
Rick Moen                                   Pillage first, _then_ burn.