:: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
On 06/22/2017 08:44 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 05:02:54PM -0400, Gary Olzeke wrote:
>> bash couldn't find 'nano' (I wanted to copy the 'sandbox' message)
>>     bash was looking in /usr/bin/nano - it was at /bin/nano [per 'which'
>> command]

> Could that be a side effect of debian/systemd's fusion of /usr with /?

I believe it is. I ran into that when I was playing with sid over a year
ago and had to change a couple of my scripts to work with it. Maybe we
should just put all files in / so they'd be easier to find. ;)

Oh, it gets even better. I've got /bin/nano in an upgrade to ascii, and
I've got both /bin/nano and /usr/bin/nano in an ascii live iso I just made
with live-sdk. No symlinks. Actual files. Same version in all cases (2.7.4).

Gary, do you not have /bin in your path?
    echo $PATH

-fsr