:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 at 13:44:34 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

[...]

> Steve Jobs understood that users must be won with eyecandies, and on
> that side we will never be able to beat Apple. Not because Free
> Software cannot produce better eyecandies, but because the newly-won
> users, lured through eyecandies, would flee back to Apple as soon as
> Apple provides a more appealing set of eyecandies.

Which reminds me of something... here it is:

https://jonathanischwartz.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/good-artists-copy-great-artists-steal/

    In 2003, after I unveiled a prototype Linux desktop called Project
    Looking Glass*, Steve called my office to let me know the graphical
    effects were “stepping all over Apple’s IP.” (IP = Intellectual
    Property = patents, trademarks and copyrights.) If we moved forward
    to commercialize it, “I’ll just sue you.”

"If you can't beat them on the technology/eyecandy, sue them!"

--
Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???