:: Re: [DNG] Uninstallable packages on…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Uninstallable packages on ascii
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 08:34:49PM +1000, Tom wrote:
> Both slim and rsyslog are uninstallable on ascii. Thankfully I have
> rsyslog still installed from jessie, but I accidentally uninstalled slim
> and now can't re-install it. Wha'ts involved in updating package
> dependencies to get these (and other packages) installable on ascii? Does
> it require extensive packaging knowledge, or could this be handled by
> someone without any prior packaging/development experience?
>
> http://bugs.devuan.org//cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72

I am rebuilding rsyslog for ascii. This should allow ascii to become
installable from scratch. The package should be available shortly. I
will announce it here.

It is not just a matter of stripping deps, but of being sure that you
are not throwing the baby alongside with dirty water. And we can't
fail on a package like rsyslog.

My2Cents

KatolaZ