:: Re: [DNG] Uninstallable packages on…
Author: Rowland Penny
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Uninstallable packages on ascii
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 20:34:49 +1000
Tom <wirelessduck@???> wrote:

> Both slim and rsyslog are uninstallable on ascii. Thankfully I have
> rsyslog still installed from jessie, but I accidentally uninstalled
> slim and now can't re-install it. Wha'ts involved in updating package
> dependencies to get these (and other packages) installable on ascii?
> Does it require extensive packaging knowledge, or could this be
> handled by someone without any prior packaging/development experience?
>
> http://bugs.devuan.org//cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72
>
> -- Tom

I actually think it is a bonus that slim is not installable on ascii,
Unless things have changed, it is a dead project, it is also about as
much use as chocolate fire guard if you need to connect to a Samba AD
domain. One of the first things I do after installing Devuan is
replace slim with lightdm. You are quite at liberty to use slim if you
like, but I will never use it ;-)

Rowland