:: Re: [Squatconf] Prosfygika Network …
Author: ng0
To: Freelab
CC: squatconf
Subject: Re: [Squatconf] Prosfygika Network -- first milestone reached
Hi,

very interesting email. I'm especially interested in technical (and
non-technical) projects and jobs you have to work on, I'm curious
to meet new people and groups. Though flights
to greece or anywhere at all are currently not affordable for me.

I've seen of your website that you use wordpress.
Have you looked at the wordpress with modifications A/I with noblogs.org
and blackblogs uses? The source of A/I can be found here: https://git.autistici.org/groups/ai/

Freelab transcribed 10K bytes:
> Long time no report from us, but hey, this is Greece; everything takes
> more time.
>
> Some of you may still remember that we invited Squat Net to happen in
> our humble place this year. I hope it may become reality. Anyway, we
> keep beavering out and making our community more visible to the world
> (https://network23.org/prosfygika-community in the making).
>
> Meanwhile, mostly thanks to unstoppable Naomi R and some generous
> donations, we reached the first milestone assumed for Prosfygika
> Neighborhood Network:
>
> 1. All users that were previously connected through crumbling and
> fragmented cable infrastructure, are now connected via uniform system of
> staircase-installed access points. They pay a modest (5 Euro per flat
> per month) fee, that is 100% spent on the development of the network and
> other infrastructure.
>
> 2. All network is integrated into one address space, under single master
> router managing internal traffic.
>
> 3. External traffic goes through master router load balancing module and
> two uplinks provided by local service provider. ISP no more has ablity
> to monitor internal traffic.
>
> 4, We are now ready to set up our first internal services, to go beyond
> the idea of "just accessing internet".
>
> The next milestone I hope to discuss soon in the community, but possibly
> it will include more uplinks, extended set of services and shifting
> towards mesh topology.

How are mesh networks in Greece in general? Is there anything like Freifunk
which covers large parts of cities and villages?