:: Re: [DNG] tiny service state api [W…
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] tiny service state api [WAS: Fwd: init system agnosticism]
Alessandro:
> On 18/04/2017 at 15:11, karl@??? wrote:
> > Alessandro Selli:
> >> And
> >> what I don't like of Karl Aspo's idea is that it takes any instrument of
> >> policy checking and enforcing out of the monitor, which ends up not
> >> being able to monitor anything, it becomes just a shell: fire and forget.
> > I honestly do not understand what I have written which gives you that idé.
> Your many lines that the monitor is not to do any monitoring. Like:
> "Why do any monitor program need to know if the program has detached or
> not, the only thing it needs to know is the pid and the state,".

You cut out the thing after the "," which makes that a question for
someone else to fill in the blanks, the things that's not obvious
to me.

If a process knows the pid of another process and have sufficient
rights, can it not manage that process or is there anything else it
needs to know, what am I missing ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data