:: Re: [unSYSTEM] The richest man in B…
Author: Bernd Jendrissek
To: psy
CC: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] The richest man in Babylon
On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 7:15 PM, psy <epsylon@???> wrote:

> Bernd Jendrissek:
>>> Dollars per capita: 233.222,94$
>>> Euros per capita: 219.554,71€
>>
>> Again no, it's $233,222.94 or €219,554.71 per capita, not 1000 times as much.
>
> Correct. I have change it:

Thank you; the new numbers look much more believable.

> Population is not total, is just only from those countries that have a
> richest guy declared on Forbes.

Ah, I understand now. I wasn't quibbling with your population figure,
but it's good to know why it's slightly less than total population.
You have most of the populous countries on the list though, so you're
not very far off.

> Btw, I don't think it is anti-rich propaganda to try to explain by using
> numbers how a few people (67) around the world has more resources than
> rest togheter (5.827.374.530).

It becomes (unintentional) propaganda when the numbers are so false
that, if believed, would trigger more resentment than is due. If Bill
Gates really had 76 trillion dollars' worth, I tooo might want to grab
a pitchfork and get on the streets.

Anyway, I don't see the evidence for the second part of your claim -
"has more resources than the rest together"? Do the rest together own
less than $147/2 = $74 per capita on average? In a place like Uganda I
can believe that, but in one like Germany I have grave doubts about
such a claim. We can't look at just the Ugandas of the world to
evaluate this sub-claim.

> So for you, we should love rich people, ¿no?.

No, that's a false dichotomy. I don't "love" them, but we owe it (to
ourselves!) to be honest about them.