:: Re: [unSYSTEM] The richest man in B…
Author: psy
To: Bernd Jendrissek
CC: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] The richest man in Babylon

Bernd Jendrissek:
> Thank you; the new numbers look much more believable.

Thank you for review it ;-)

>> Population is not total, is just only from those countries that have a
>> richest guy declared on Forbes.
>
> Ah, I understand now. I wasn't quibbling with your population figure,
> but it's good to know why it's slightly less than total population.
> You have most of the populous countries on the list though, so you're
> not very far off.
>
>> Btw, I don't think it is anti-rich propaganda to try to explain by using
>> numbers how a few people (67) around the world has more resources than
>> rest togheter (5.827.374.530).

Last estimation for world population is around: 7.5 billion. The United
Nations estimates it will further increase to 11.2 billion in the year 2100.

> It becomes (unintentional) propaganda when the numbers are so false
> that, if believed, would trigger more resentment than is due. If Bill
> Gates really had 76 trillion dollars' worth, I tooo might want to grab
> a pitchfork and get on the streets.

So, where is the limit?. Are we forgotten how they get rich?

> Anyway, I don't see the evidence for the second part of your claim -
> "has more resources than the rest together"? Do the rest together own
> less than $147/2 = $74 per capita on average? In a place like Uganda I
> can believe that, but in one like Germany I have grave doubts about
> such a claim. We can't look at just the Ugandas of the world to
> evaluate this sub-claim.

I have added data about GPD (nominal) per capita extracted from the
International Monetary Fund report for last year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28nominal%29_per_capita

This should be used to understand equalty at this level that you mean.

For example, Uganda:

Population; 41.166.552
GDP($):    2,16
Richest: Sudhir Ruparelia
Net worth ($): 1.100.000.000
QpC($):    26,72

As you can see, this Sudhir Ruparelia if share worth can increase GDP
globably for the whole country.

But, look at Macau who has highest world levels for GDP (per capita):

Population: 606.856
GDP($): 96,83
Richest: David Chow
Net worth ($): 1.800.000.000
QpC($): 2.966,11

Because is a small population and the richest is really rich compared
with other rich people form other countries, again, yes, population is
living better (has more GPD than others), but this guy alone can
increase GDP for whole country, same than in Uganda.

>> So for you, we should love rich people, ¿no?.
>
> No, that's a false dichotomy. I don't "love" them, but we owe it (to
> ourselves!) to be honest about them.

Yes, it was an easy ad hominem argument without any sense on that
context, sorry for that. You were fast, nice one ;-)

Btw, I don't think on richs because of worth they have. I think more in
that a rich; is a person who doesn't need so much to life.