:: Re: [DNG] Life After Firefox 56
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Life After Firefox 56
Le 24/02/2017 03:31, Rick Moen a écrit :
> , but Pale Moon looks pretty interesting: anybodyhere use it?

     I installed it on two Devuan-Jessie machines. I installed the Zync
(or some name like this) extension to switch language ,and the French
language extension. I'm satisfied with it, but I keep Firefox-ESR as a
backup. You will understand why below.

     I'm using the package provided on opensuze.

     There was a problem during an upgrade on one of my hosts,
apparently an xml error in the start page, which rendered it unusable;
therefore I kept the old version on the other machine. One month later,
it worked again.

     Two days ago I tried to upgrade it on the other machine and
experienced the same issue. I purged the package
and was unable to find the package for amd64 anymore, only i386 was
available. I copied the package from
the first machine and installed it and it works now.

     My conclusion is that the software is satisfactory but the
maintainance isn't, not knowing if the problem is
upstream or only with the maintainer of the repository I use.

> Do you trust them to keep up with security updates?

     Don't know if I can.

                                          Didier