:: Re: [DNG] default live Devuan usern…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] default live Devuan username and password not easily available?
Thanks for all the replies.

To Hendrik, but also golinux, smallinovations.nl, KatolaZ, and even our
kind leader Jaromil.

On 170223-13:44-0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 05:32:36PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> > > no replies so far.

> > Well, it's a mailing list, not a call center :)
>
> That's the advantage of a mailing list over a call centre. THe call
> centre guy has to answer, even if he has nothing to say.

I wasn't complaining. I was only stating the the my prospect of waiting
not too little.

Now regarding your suggestions.

I hope it'll work. But I apply a somewhat complex method. I build only
in Air-Gapped master machine (Gentoo now, will be also Devuan hopefully
soon), and work only from (same model hardware) clones of it.

And sometimes whatever the Air-Gapped master machine needs (and
obviously it can only get it from online) is not suck little time to
thoroughly check and copy/move into Air-Gapped.

So, I'm only now back (it took much more than usual this time, but it's
too unrelated to here, not worth distracting from this topic)...

And so I can only confirm reception of your kind replies.

Will be back to confirm it your suggestions worked.

In the meantime, I believe the main conclusion to draw here, is set
those suggestions in the Installation README, or anywhere close, such
that the next user does not have to go in search for them.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

I'm not complaining. But a user downloads Devuan, and it works, but she
doesn't have an installation README to tell her what the
usernama/password is for the media she downloaded. Bad!

And she is stuck in the terminal without a clue, because she wasn't told
anywhere prominently ||-> *prominently* <---- , alright! <-|| , that she
will need a username/password and that that username/password is that
and that.

Regards!

--
Miroslav Rovis