:: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
Author: golinux
To: aitor_czr
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
On 2017-02-21 17:20, aitor_czr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a new gtk theme, based on the official Adwaita:
>
> http://gnuinos.org/Devuan-Green/ [1] Copy the following hidden files:
>
> .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
>
> .gtkrc-2.0
>
> to:
>
>    /root

> And compare, for example, "synaptic" and "pdfchain" in ascii.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Aitor.
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://gnuinos.org/Devuan-Green/

Hi aitor,

The green you used in the Devuan-Green from July last year is closer to
leafy - #8FAA00. There is no green even close to the green in your
current theme planned for devuan. However note that the signature color
for ascii has yet to be decided. Long story . . .

The frame colors are much nicer in this current theme - lighter which is
good.

There is no hilighting of selected items in synaptic and the title and
menu bar are broken. That could be because I'm on jessie not ascii.

I'm not a fan of anything adwaita but we may not have many choices for
gtk3 compatible themes going forward. This explains a lot of what's
going on:

https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/gnome-et-al-rotting-in-threes/

Neither am I a fan of flat highlights because it's difficult to visually
separate items in a block hilight.

BTW, I just dropped the theme in /usr/share/themes. No need to put it in
/root

I didn't poke around too much so there's likely stuff broken that I
didn't see. If takes a long time to find all those little bugs.

Appreciate your efforts. I'll be trying to sort a theme for ascii
myself before too long . . .

golinux