:: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not use…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not useful, quite the opposite

dear Giovanni,

On Mon, 07 Nov 2016, Giovanni Rapagnani wrote:
> - on DNG ML: 145 different email addresses from 22 different time zones have
> posted 3800 emails with an average of 633 emails/month

[...]

> - on devuan-discuss: 21 different email addresses from 11 different time
> zones have posted 58 emails with an average of 8 emails/month, 4 emails were
> sent between Saturday 21:00 and Sunday 14:00 (local time of the sender)

thanks for your analysis and heads-up on the issue

you are right, devuan-discuss never took off. it also did not receive
much love from any admin and I believe is stuck with some moderation
bit noone has attended. It is a failed plan which I suggest we
interpret as part of the "Beta" as much as other technical issues are.

I will update the webpage accordingly, indicating the talk.devuan.org
webforum and the DNG mailinglist as the main places for discussion,
but also the git.devuan.org issues as the place where to report bugs.

as we are settling a meaningful communication architecture for all,
analysis and recommendations like yours are very welcome. We will also
think of a standard practice for requesting to open a new mailinglist,
something like a request backed by 10 or more active members and 2
volunteering for facilitation. I guess the devuan-discuss ml lacked
this sort of support, was thought and created top-down and therefore
it failed to take-off properly.

best wishes