:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Author: Peter Olson
To: dng, Arnt Karlsen
New-Topics: [DNG] GRUB shell (was: vdev)
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev
> On August 14, 2016 at 5:31 AM Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> wrote:

[...]

> ..one neat thing about grub, is its shell, once you get the menu,
> hit "e" and then the tab key twice, and play around to familiarize
> yourselves with how it works, e.g how it finds disks, files, and
> how you can boot into root's shell with e.g. "init=/bin/bash".

My own experience with Grub has been less than "neat".

But maybe that is because the times I have experienced Grub, my machine has been broken and I have been desperate to fix it. As far as I can tell, Grub has no help built in. You have to be an expert to use it.

What does "e" plus tab key twice do?

Is there some way I could try this on a system which boots successfully to find out about this?

Peter Olson