:: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 12:12:04PM -0400, Ismael L. Donis Garcia wrote:
> >Slackware uses eudev - not udev - as of version 14.2. So does Gentoo.
>

> To my mind would be a better option to opt for eudev that vdev as it has
> greater support behind.

eudev is a fork of a mature project. It works well already.

vdev is a new thing, in alpha stages, of a rewrite that uses novel
technologies that have a number of upsides. It is not ready for wide use
yet.

It's good to have both! vdev is an investment -- it may give cool new
features above systemd, eudev is the old way. If vdev peters out, eudev
keeps working.

--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.