:: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
Author: Greg Olsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
Hi Folks,

I fixed a subtle bug in the lxc-devuan template which causes some
packages to be reinstalled.

In the original download function, the 'packages' variable (used by:
debootstrap --include=$packages ...) leaks to the post_process function
causing packages to be reinstalled.

It's my fault. My normal habit is to declare all function variables
local, however I when I cloned download_debian() function I neglected to
change that. For shame!

The problem doesn't cause any failure, or any problems with the newly
built containers. By reinstalling the packages list, it just
unnecessarily duplicates part of what debootstrap already did for you,
making you wait longer and watch a bunch more messages.

With the commit (below) the install goes *much* smoother. It was such a
simple fix, it went in with the commit to "Generate random root
password". (I know, it should have been a separate commit, but it's too
late now.)

Commit:
https://git.devuan.org/gregolsen/lxc-devuan/commit/a0aa14bb31ca1675547b239d0806920ccf098c46

Anyone who uses the lxc-devuan template is encouraged to update to the
latest lxc-devuan.

Cheers

Greg