:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan live im…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: Rainer Weikusat, dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan live images
Le 19/05/2016 21:14, Rainer Weikusat a écrit :
> [I already strongly suspected the below but didn't want to write about
> it until I had a chance to test]
>
> THe initramfs doesn't need to include all the modules belonging to the
> kernel, just those which are needed to mount the real root filesystem
> (containing the remaining driver modules). This would mean all
> filesystems and storage device drivers you want to support but, eg, no
> networking modules (nfsroot sounds like an implausible feature for a
> live image).

     If you mean to run your live system with the cdrom as the root
filesystem, then the only drivers you need during the initramfs phase
are those needed to mount the cdrom, ie the iso9660 filesystem and the
drivers needed to access the cdrom, which includes the USB stack in case
of a separate cdrom drive.

      Actually, either you keep the stock kernel and put only the few
modules you need in the initramfs, or you configure your kernel build to
have all these drivers and filesystem statically linked and you don't
even need an initramfs at all.

     Didier