:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan live im…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Rainer Weikusat
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan live images
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 08:14:34PM +0100, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

> > Imagine a case in which you, the user, would like to boot from a live
> > image, e.g. for rescue purposes, only to find out that your live CD
> > does not recognise your disk controller, or your graphic adapter, or
> > your ethernet card.
>
> [I already strongly suspected the below but didn't want to write about
> it until I had a chance to test]
>
> THe initramfs doesn't need to include all the modules belonging to the
> kernel, just those which are needed to mount the real root filesystem
> (containing the remaining driver modules). This would mean all
> filesystems and storage device drivers you want to support but, eg, no
> networking modules (nfsroot sounds like an implausible feature for a
> live image).

And in fact, I have stripped most of the unnecessary modules and
libraries from the initramfs, and I am now moving on to remove all the
unnecessary utilities.

> NB: Please CC me when replying. For some reason, I'm "reverse moderated"
> --- I can still send message to the list but don't get them anymore.

I suspect that you have reverse-moderated yourself :) I always include
your address in the replies, but I keep receiving a lot of bounces
from your mail-server (452), which seems to feel some deep disgust for
the stuff sent from my mail server. It could be that your mail-server
is convinced that the mail-server on which this list is hosted is as
bad as mine :)

In my case the problem is the lack of reverse-DNS, but atm I have to
live with that.

Might greylisting be an option in your case? I have been using
greylisting a lot, and it reduces the spam by 90%-95%, without
filtering domains.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]