:: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's f…
Author: Go Linux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
On Mon, 2/29/16, hellekin <hellekin@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Monday, February 29, 2016, 9:03 AM

> Anyway a month or two from now, Discourse will be ready to surpass
> Mailman as a mailing list manager, thanks to a grant the Discourse team
> received for that purpose [0]. This is great news for people allergic
> to Web forum, as you will be able to do everything without ever opening
> a Web browser.

Does that mean that the ML will have to suffer through all the sophomoric getting-to-know-you and other useless chatter etc. that goes on there? I suspect this could be a way to kill the ML. If it fails, will there be an option to get the Mailman list back?

> On the Gitlab there's no group yet for Desktop. If enough people are
> interested in configuring, customizing, and finding commonalities
> between Desktop Environments that could be interesting.

Yes another interesting idea in search of participants . . .